Monday, May 9, 2016

Friends in Middle School

   Kids can be mean. One second you think they are your friend, the next they are off with someone else and they are acting like you don't exist. It happened to me before. These things are called friend switches. And I know, it hurts. I needed to find some new friends who would talk to me, and accept me for who I am. And I did. I found new friend in elementary school, and some in middle school. They are the coolest people I have ever met and we can be ourselves around each other. Every day I look around at my group of friends and I feel happy because of all these wonderful people who are in my life and I appreciate them so much. They like me for me and I like them for the people they are. Friends will be ever-changing, and I found my group where I am loved for who I am.
   Middle school is such a great place to meet new people because you have so many classes! And in each class, there is a new group of people. You may have something in common with some of the people in your classes. All it can take to start a friendship is saying hi and asking their name. They may be shy and looking for someone to talk to. Reach out to them and who knows, they may become your next best friend!
   Another thing I want to say is something very important as well. This is something that I have been focusing very hard on in middle school. Surrounding myself with good people who you can be yourself around, and they can do the same. Good people are the ones you can trust and the ones that build each other up. They are there during the fun and hard times. They will always like you for the person you are. Good friends will be there for you.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you focus on the positives-the opportunity to make new friends in middle school! Also, your advice to surround yourself with "good" people is excellent!

    ReplyDelete