Saturday, April 16, 2016

My First Post

Hello, my name is Sydney! I am a 12 year old and I live in California. I have started, and am now ¾ of the way through 7th grade in middle school, and I know that other people out there are going through it, too. In this blog I will be talking about my life, middle school, and other important life lessons.
So, in this first blog post, I will be talking about my life experience in middle school. Now, the first thing you will need is binders. At LEAST two! My school has six classes so what I do is I have one HUGE binder that holds all of my classes except for math. Then have one 1-1 ½ inch ish(thickness may vary from school to school) binder for math. The reason why I did this is because a few of my classes don’t give homework. For example, I take a coding class as an elective(a class that is chosen by the student: art, band, reading, multimedia, and a few others) that doesn’t give homework so, now I have only 4 classes in on binder. Then, there is a P.E. program at my school so that leaves me with only 3 classes in one binder. You may be asking, “How does she fit SO many classes in one binder? Why wouldn’t you just buy 6 binders?” Well, my secret is putting file tabs in your binder and then writing the names of your classes on each one. It works very well for me and it is VERY organized!
  Another question you may have is, “Why do would you need a different binder for math and why so thick?” At my school, we have Modules, which is another word for a huge packet of around 85 pieces of paper filled with math! Yay! Plus, I have the several pages of homework(20-30 in each module) that also has to fit in the binder. Sometimes, I have two modules in my binder at a time because my math class does these things called Assignment Checks that check how well you know what is in the homework and modules. After we finish doing the Assignment Checks on a certain module, we can take the module out. That is why you might need a different binder for math.
  Thank you for reading my first blog post! I hope it helped you! Leave a comment if you have any questions about middle school and I will do my best to help answer it!-SydneyMar 27, 2016 7:37:02 PM.jpg
The picture above is my math binder
Mar 27, 2016 7:39:55 PM.jpg
The picture above is the inside of my math binder
Mar 27, 2016 7:43:17 PM.jpg

This last picture is my big binder that holds my other 3 subjects(science, history and English).

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fantastic idea for a blog! Being a new middle school student presents so many challenges...and questions! What a wonderful way to help relieve some of that stress by preparing students for what to expect! LOVE the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete