Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Something You May Not Know About Siblings

For those of you that have brothers and sisters, you may think that he or she is just there to bug you and get you in trouble. As much as they annoy you and say mean things, they really do love you and look up to you!

  Before I was promoted from sixth grade to seventh grade, my younger sister, who is now 11 and I went to the same school and we saw each other every day at snack recess. We liked being at the same school because we got to see each other everyday and drive from home to school and vice versa together. But when I was leaving elementary school to go to seventh grade, my sister was very sad and at the end of the ceremony, I gave her a hug and asked her, “Why are you sad?” she answered, “I just realized how much I am going to miss you when you go to middle school and I won’t get to see you at school everyday.” When she said that, I was sad that we would not see each other so much but, I knew that she loved me and that we would still see each other in the morning before school, after school, and on the weekends. Although middle school comes with much responsibility and homework, I still have time to hangout with my sister, who I myself admire and love. So next time you think that your sibling is just a buggy little nuisance, remember this!

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! You will always cherish your relationship with your sister. I know my little sister bugged me at times, but she is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! You will always cherish your relationship with your sister. I know my little sister bugged me at times, but she is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jacquelyn Karney! I loved reading your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to this - My little brother is 3 grades younger than me so we never got to go to middle school together and by the time I was a senior in high school I was SO excited to have him at my school again!

    I love that you wrote this as a blog post because I know, especially in middle school, there were times that my little brother bugged me like crazy - Now he lives in New York and I miss him so much! It's important to remember how special siblings are, even when they drive you nuts...

    ReplyDelete