Learning to Play and Tips
After you set up the game, you will see that there are three new Pokemon nearby. Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur(and there is also a way that you can Pikachu, but you will have to look that up). Once you select the one that you want to catch, your phone will change to camera mode and in the lower center of the screen. When the colored circle in the middle of the Pokemon is as small as it can get, swipe up to throw the Poke Ball. The smaller the colored circle is, the more XP you will get for the throw. If you swirl your finger on the Poke Ball, you will make it spin. If you make the ball spin and throw it while it is still spinning, you will throw a curve ball, which will earn you more XP.
When catching a Pokemon, there are a few things you will need to know:
- Different elements of Pokemon will be found in different terrain(ex. Water Pokemon are found near the ocean or other bodies of water. Not pools though, I have tried it and sadly, no water Pokemon:( ).
- Pokemon will have a different colored ring around them depending on their catch difficulty. Easy catches have green rings, the hardest catches have a red ring, and the catches that are in the middle are yellow. Rings can also be in between green and yellow and yellow and red, it really depends on the Pokemon and the Combat Power that it has.
- The more rare the Pokemon is, the harder it is to catch.
- When throwing a Poke Ball or waiting for a Poke Ball to lock, try to stand still and focus on your throw and the Poke Ball.
- If you are past a certain level, you have access to raspberries. Raspberries can be used in higher level Pokemon to make them easier to catch.
- There are some places that certain Pokemon can only be found in. It is sort of like a spawner(ex. There is a Pidgey spawner near my house. I know this because there are A LOT of pidgeys!)
- There are four different types of Poke Balls. Poke Balls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, and Master Balls.
Another feature in Pokemon GO is Poke Stops. You can get Poke Balls, potions, eggs, and revives from spinning the circular picture on a Poke Stop.
You can battle other Pokemon in gyms. You can defeat gyms that belong to other teams and take it for your team, or you can leave one of your Pokemon to help protect your teams gym.
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any ideas for a new post, comment below! Any questions about middle school! Comment below!
Here is the link to my other blog:
The Gravity Falls Explorer